Friday, September 21, 2012

Women Are Emotion Addicts


               A man’s emotions are like crack cocaine to a woman. I come to this conclusion after six years of education in the dance of tango and a recent conversation I had with a lady friend of mine. We had a discussion the other day and I wrote her a letter trying to clarify the various topics we discussed. At one point I had become angry but then quickly switched gears to work on a resolution to a problem we both encountered. Her response was very scholarly until the last paragraph where she says, “you were quite pissed about how strongly I voiced my opinion…” It was at this point that I was reminded once again of the difference between boys and girls.
               Thinking back on all my past relationships with the opposite sex I do seem to notice that anger management was always an issue. In fact, anger management is a frequent topic when I talk to my male friends who are open enough to discuss marital problems. This leads me to believe that anger is not the problem, it is what fascinates women.
               As I apply this to tango, I realize now what women find so addicting about this dance. Let me see if I can clearly relate to you what it is that I have discovered.
               Women are always talking to each other about their feelings. After a lifetime of this, they no longer find their own feelings so intriguing so they get their rocks off by eliciting emotions from the men in their lives.
               Men grow up learning that emotional displays will provoke unwanted attention from their male peers. By the time we are adults we have learned how to be stones. Much to our consternation, the female gender seems to be a constant source of provocation which we are compelled to respond to with emotional outbursts. Foolishly, we ascribe these provocations to the intellectual inferiority of the opposite sex and never really understand the true cause.
               Here is the crux of my thesis: women feed on men’s emotional displays like a crack addict sucking on the end of a hot pipe: it is killing him yet he still holds the flame to the bowl and his mouth to the pipe until his death.
               For a man to function in society, he must learn to control his anger and his lust and any other emotions he finds rising to the surface. If he doesn’t, he will be thrown in jail. For a woman to function in society she must learn to restrain herself when toying with the emotion faculties of the men that cross her path. Unfortunately, there is no penalty for her if she is incapable of control: wars are started, planes crash, people get hurt, etc; I’m certain even the weather is affected by their fiddling.
               And now you should be able to see why women find tango so addicting. A man who can lead this dance is proficient at establishing a connection to her: that is the loaded crackpipe. Tango music is the lighter that provides the flame. Now all she has to do is inhale.

 Note: For an in-depth look into the mind of the Kayak Hombre, read his book, available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/River-Tango-perri-iezzoni/dp/1453865527/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1369366756&sr=1-1&keywords=River+tango



No comments:

Post a Comment