Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Women Want To Be Led


               Not all women, silly, just some of them.
               Whilst sitting at my table at the Wild Horse Saloon on a Saturday night, waiting to dance some tango to country music with my favorite tanguera, a young man whisked past my table, hastily towing a young lady by the hand and her extended arm. As the pair wove a path through the crowded saloon, I had a chance to observe her expression which denoted neither joy nor pain, her eyes scanning ahead for a clue as to where they might be headed.
               I chanced to observe another young lady drag a young, unwilling partner onto the floor with her. I watched in amusement what seemed to me to be a person dancing with a mannequin, a person who was obviously perplexed at her inability to derive any satisfaction from such a fine form on which to hang some clothes.
               Later in the night I spied the same young lady being swung around the dance floor with an older gentleman who liked to dance his women ‘zydeco’ style, with her crotch coming to rest frequently on his thigh. I’m not sure that moniker is correct but that is the best way for me to explain what was happening. She would leap off his thigh with a look of exasperation and the energy of a squirrel trying to get to a bird-feeder. He would then spin her around, a big smile on his face. And while she had her back to him, I frequently noticed that she smiled too.
               In this day and age of psychological explanations for everything we do, I think it is time we put down the textbooks and start looking at what really works. I think we need to see for ourselves what is going on in the world and begin to make our own decisions about how a man and a woman should engage in the dance of life.


Note: For an in-depth look into the mind of the Kayak Hombre, read his book, available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/River-Tango-perri-iezzoni/dp/1453865527/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1369366756&sr=1-1&keywords=River+tango


No comments:

Post a Comment