Monday, June 24, 2013

Tango Temper Tantrum

               I’m really upset! If I blog about it, maybe I’ll find some constructive release.
               Deep down inside I am a very angry person. Tango is one of the reasons my anger lives so far below the surface. Another explanation is that I resolved long ago that the bad temper I inherited from my father does not get passed on to my children.
               The catalyst that set off my foul feelings is not important. It was just a stupid comment in an email not necessarily directed at me but I took it to heart.
               After eighteen months without a holiday or a vacation, my contract with AT&T is coming to an end and I must line up more work. I guess I’m ripe and ready for some time off but there isn’t any coming to me.
               That’s okay, I’ve got tango!
               When I got divorced, it was clear to me that I would be working until I died. Honestly, I thought I’d be dead by now but I just keep on living. The older I get, the more I fear death and work harder to avoid it. That’s because I’m happy. I’m not happy at this moment but, overall, I am satisfied with my life and I accept the conditions under which I work.
               It’s okay to be pissed off. I think we live in a society that constantly tries to convince us that happiness is the only worthy goal. Anger is a necessary component of the human condition. Often it is the source of the passion inside us that others find attractive. I was once in a relationship with a woman who was absolutely adorable when she was mad. I don’t diet effectively until I am furious with myself for being fat.
               Besides a trillion acts of violence, anger is responsible for a trillion resolves to make the world a better place. I don’t know how it is for women but I know many men who get incredibly angry with themselves because they failed to delight a woman with whom they have danced.  As a result, they commit themselves to more lessons and years of practice until they are satisfied that they can please her should they get the chance to dance with her again.
               Now I am not so mad:-)
Peace,
Love,
Tango,
Sincerely,
The Kayak Hombre

For more insight into the mind of The Kayak Hombre, read his book, River Tango, available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/River-Tango-perri-iezzoni/dp/1453865527/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371659630&sr=1-1&keywords=river+tango



1 comment:

  1. Perri,

    What are you so angry about? If the comment in the e-mail wasn't directed at you, why would you even allow yourself to be offended.

    Life at best is difficult, but you already know that.

    I haven't danced Tango for almost six weeks now - I don't know if I still remember...

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete