Thursday, February 23, 2012

Andrea’s Open Mike Night


               This was a very cool event. A small bookstore/health food restaurant in downtown Farmington hosts aspiring musicians, poets, writers and singers, on a small stage in front of the store. They serve mostly hot sandwiches, drinks and ice cream sodas. I’ve been planning on attending this gathering for two weeks and was really excited for a chance to read some of my stuff.
               I was the ninth performer and the only writer. Most of the performers were guitarists and singers. There was one Navajo singer of traditional tribal songs and two saxophonists. I was very nervous and still am not sure how well I was heard, although I did hear a few timely chuckles from the audience to my left and surmise they must have been able to follow what I was reading.
               I had a ham and cheese sandwich that was very good, along with a glass of tap water, that was surprisingly good because Farmington’s tap water is not very tasty. I also had a bag of chips with sea salt which were also very good. Here is the link to their place. Open mike is every Thursday night at 6:00 despite what the website says. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Andrea-Kristinas-Bookstore-and-Kafe/162902420433848

No comments:

Post a Comment