Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Doors at Milonga de las Puertas


              Super time last night even though the practica was cancelled in the afternoon. I’m taking it easy today, drinking beer and watching the SuperBowl. I took some pics of the doors for sale at this place, I hope you like them. They’re for sale, so don’t be afraid to buy one for your new mansion:-) More info here: http://www.tangodowntown.net/laspuertas.html
               I spent the first half of the milonga dancing with a Russian tanguera. She left for an hour and I spent that time honing my cabeceo with unsuccessful results. I’m sure the problem is me. I tried to ask at least five ladies to dance using only visual invites and got shot down like a biplane going up against the Red Baron. By the end of the night I was so confused because I was sure women were looking to me for a dance request.
               At one point, I stood about twenty feet from a tanguera, looking straight at her and she turned her gaze in, what I thought, was a blatant rejection. I respectfully withdrew back to my table and continued my efforts to acquire partners through use of this traditional approach to dance proposals.
               The night was still good, thanks to my Russian friend and another woman I mentioned in a previous post. The latter lady danced a tanda of milongas with me and gave me hope that we can continue to work on our connection in spite of my stupid primal feelings.
               So, without further ado, I give you the doors of Las Puertas:                     Ѽ 










No comments:

Post a Comment