Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Learning to Live: part 2


               Good news! Blood pressure is down to 146/84 this morning. It was as high as 170/106! That could be my body acclimatizing or it could be the C Q 10 and the other vitamins I started taking.  I did a little research and talked to other guys out here that are my age (almost everyone I work with is mid-50s) and saw a lot of internet chatter on the C Q 10 concerning blood pressure. The guys I spoke to didn’t know about C Q 10 but they recommended ‘Emergen C’ which I thought was just a bunch of vitamin C but it turned out to be C Q 10.
               Apparently, C Q 10 is so good at lowering blood pressure, the label warns you no to use it if you are taking prescription medicine to lower your BP. This leads me to ask, “why take prescription, then?” Healthcare in America is totally bogus. We have the most expensive medical system no one can afford.
               I’m also taking garlic and potassium supplements, as well as N-A-C and high quality milk thistle (made by little elves in a hollow tree, I’m sure). I eat two bananas and a yogurt for breakfast or a big bowl of cereal (Cheerios). For lunch I have a can of soup and a sandwich. Supper is where I take in the most calories: beer, maybe a sandwich or something of equal calories, a glass of fat-free Lactaid milk and two cookies. I've added celery, broccoli, carrots and snap peas to my snack menu at work to augment my lack of veggies.
               I get up at 4:30 to be at Defined Fitness by 5:30 for a 35 minute workout. After work, I’m back at the gym for twenty laps in their 25 meter pool. I love swimming and this pool is a joy to be in: warm and clean. Hopefully I’ll be a little bit skinnier by the time tango starts up in Durango, CO.
               Work is good. I pulled an all-niter last night and have another one coming on Thursday. That may seem harsh but it’ll give me Friday day off so I can go to the dentist and begin focusing on my teeth which I’ve been neglecting all this past year because of my crazy work situation. Also, I’m going to Albuquerque for the weekend to tango both Friday and Saturday.
               I think I can afford weekend ABQ trips until tango starts in Durango because hotels are crazy cheap here. My weekly rate in Farmington is only $207, an extra $80 is not going to break the bank. My daughters are flying out for Spring Break. I can’t afford their plane tickets and other incidentals in the short term but I’ll be able to absorb it into my budget in the long run. I no longer live at my house so this is how I’m going to have to see my two wonderful children. They’re going to love it here, especially if we spend a lot of time in Durango and Mesa Verde.
               I’m still enjoying writing and I think eventually I will strike a chord that will help me earn some revenue. So my career needs are being met, as well as my physical needs with the diet and exercise. Tango and my children cover my spiritual needs so I’ve got everything covered except for the girl. I’ve got a feeling she’s out there. In my mind I don’t think I’m relationship material but I know what I think is of little importance to a woman, only what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment