Friday, May 18, 2012

Total Group Happiness = 63 ! :-D


               Tango at the Gazebo in Durango! This is an incredible weekly event and I got pictures to prove it! I am having the best time in Durango and my DWTFTs: Dances With The Finest Tangueras:-) Everybody here is working towards improving their dance and helping our small community grow with their attendance and enthusiastic support.
               I think yoga has a lot to do with our success. Keneen McNivens is our resident yoga instructor and many of her students are in our practica group.
               I don’t do yoga but I do eat yo-gurt so that is close enough. I’ve been stretching, too, but I can’t quite get myself to look deep inside my innards for the light that shines within me…that sucker is probably so bright I’ll go blind! LOL!  Tango turned that bulb on a long time ago and it’s been burning brightly ever since.
               Seriously, I think the yoga factor is a big influence on our group’s success. I can’t say exactly how the relationship works but it is my experience that thriving tango communities have a high percentage of people who are practitioners of the oriental arts, be it yoga, kung fu, tai chi or origami .
               Also, the community has a lot of transient citizens who are well-traveled and open to exploring the social art of dance. Add to that the fact that the Gazebo is smack dab in the middle of town and at a major intersection on the Animas River biking/hiking path, a busy thoroughfare that brings us many a curious passerby.  
               Last but not least is the Gazebo’s location by the river. Rivers generate lots and lots of negative ions which stimulate the pleasure receptors in our brains. Throw in some tango music and some beautiful tangueras and you have all the makings of an incredible social experience.
               I’d have to measure our Total Group Happiness, or TGH, at a 63 on a scale from 1 to 64, with 64 being the highest measurement indicating that all the participant’s bodies are oscillating at a level very near the point where they will experience Cosmic Communal Nirvana, or CCN!
               That’s all for now. I got to get ready for the Wild Horse Saloon where I will have too much fun and probably explode…fortunately I keep all my body parts numbered for just such an occasion.
PLT(peace, love, tango:-)
Perri, ‘moose and squirrel’ and Capitan Frog! Yeeeeehhhhaaaaawwww!!!!
               

(For a more in-depth looking into the mind of the Kayak Hombre and his thoughts on tango, buy his book: River Tango, now available on Amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/River-Tango-perri-iezzoni/dp/1453865527 )

No comments:

Post a Comment