Friday, January 27, 2012

Progress Report: Tango Farmington



               Work is going good. I got weekends off and may be able to swing a four-day work week! I’m in an affordable location. I was considering a trip to Moab to visit Arches National Park but I’m not sure about crossing the high-country in my Prius at night. Also, it is going to be in the low 20s and I’m not up for winter camping just yet.
               Good news! I received an email from an inquiry I made before I launched myself out here. It said there are a few milongueros in the high country. Email addresses were included! It seems Durango is the place. The town is a forty-five minute drive that I haven’t made yet, so I’m not sure what the road is like. Here in Farmington, it is cold but no snow. During the days it reaches fifty degrees but drops down to the low twenties at night. Very little precipitation, so far.
               I sent a request to the email addresses mentioned, hopefully someone will be able to give me a history of tango in this area and give me some more leads to other dancers. It might be that Durango is the place for a practica, we shall see. I haven't danced in 7 days...this is the longest I've gone without in over 3 years!
               My contract seems pretty firm about the time I’m needed here: 18 months. For now, my plans are to line up work in, or near, New York City, when this contract ends but things will probably change by then. I'm looking on the sunny side but it is very bright...I need glacier glasses, seriously. The sun is so bright here, it is blinding, especially late afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment