Friday, January 20, 2012

Tango Farmington, Day#2: the search continues...

     Day#2. I checked all nine dance studios listed by google for Farmington. That was an experience. One of the busier studios, Dance 4 Him, had no adult supervision but lots of young girls in leotards. There was another studio across town that was the same way: kind of like 'Lord of the Flies' for girls.
     The last place I checked, Judi Nickerson's Dance Studio, was a private residence. A woman answered, who turned out to be Judi. She said she didn't know how her home address showed up on the internet, especially since she had quit in 1996. She gave me the rundown on all the other places: Dance 4 Him was a Christian oriented dance school and the 'Him' is Jesus.
     She said San Juan College was probably my best bet and I should get in touch with the Community Recreation Program.
     So, it was another disheartening day for tango in Farmington. One of the places I visited was a nice fitness center. I think I'll get a membership there, next week. Hopefully, a good workout will take my mind off tango when I start to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment